Junior volunteers are between ages 14-18 years old and currently attend high school. Most junior volunteers serve two to three 4-hour shifts each month and are scheduled evenings or weekends. The Junior Volunteer program is extremely competitive, thus not all students who apply and interview will be accepted.
Submit an online application. **Applicants must complete ALL onboarding and training within 30 days from the interview date.
Submit the following together to Volunteer Services (incomplete submissions will not be accepted)
1. How long does the volunteer application process typically take? After an application is accepted during an open enrollment period, screening, interviewing and orientation can take 3-4 weeks. The minimum age to volunteer is 14.
2. Do I need medical experience or training? No, all the training you will need is provided.
3. Are there costs involved? The basic volunteer immunization and tuberculosis screening is covered by Fairview.
4. What volunteer positions are available?
We offer volunteer placement in many different areas throughout the hospital and affiliated clinics, based on volunteer interest, abilities and availability.
5. Do I have to volunteer a minimum of hours?
Adult volunteers typically serve one four-hour shift per week. Junior volunteers typically serve two or three, four hour shifts per month. Most volunteer shifts range from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 12:30-4:30 p.m. and 4:30 -8:30 p.m. The minimum service requirement for Adult and Junior volunteers is 100 hours with at least six months of active volunteering.
6. Where can current volunteers access VicNet?
Log on to your VicNet account: Access VicNet.
7. How do I contact volunteer services at Fairview Ridges Hospital?
For additional information call(952) 892-2035.