Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering at Fairview Northland Medical Center in Princeton, Minnesota offers rewards which may include:
- A free meal during your shift
- A chance to explore medical careers
- Free flu shots
- Impact the lives of our patients and their families
- Access to discounts in the Fairview Pharmacy and a variety of other businesses
- Volunteers who are pursuing degrees in the medical field are eligible to apply for two Auxiliary scholarships each spring
Volunteer Application Instructions
- Submit an online application.
- Provide two references with your application.
-Adult reference form
-Junior reference form
- Complete new volunteer orientation and get medical clearance by Employee Occupational Health Services (EOHS).
- Attend a screening appointment.
- Complete a Minnesota Dept. of Human Services background check including fingerprinting.
- Complete position specific training.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does the volunteer application process typically take?
The application and screening process typically takes three to four weeks. Students who wish to begin volunteering in early June should apply in April. The minimum age to volunteer is 14.
2. What is volunteer training?
New volunteer are required to complete our orientation process which includes both independent, online learning and as a small group, in-person Skills Lab. After completing general hospital orientation volunteers will also complete position specific training.
3. Are there costs involved?
The basic volunteer immunization and tuberculosis screening is covered by Fairview.
4. Do I need medical experience or training?
No, all the training you will need is provided.
5. What volunteer positions are available?
We offer volunteer placement in a variety of areas based on your interest, abilities and availability.
6. Do I have to volunteer a minimum of hours?
The minimum serv ice requirement is 100 hours. A typical volunteer shift is four hours long and volunteers can choose to create a weekly or bi-weekly schedule. Volunteers who choose to volunteer for one shift per week generally meet the 100 hour requirement in about 6 months.
7. Where can current volunteers access VicNet?
Log on to your VicNet account: Access VicNet.
8. How do I contact volunteer services at Fairview Northland Medical Center?
For additional information call (763) 389-6565 or e-mail email@example.com.