If you have an eye disease or injury, limited vision can present many challenges. But with proper diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation, you can stay independent and active. Visual rehabilitation helps people of all ages with decreased vision that cannot be corrected with glasses or surgery learn to use their remaining sight.
Conditions we treat
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Macular degeneration
- Other low-vision conditions
- Retinitis pigmentosa
Services we provide
Your visual rehabilitation may include:
- An assessment by an occupational therapist.
- Training in ways to successfully use your remaining vision.
- Training in the use of equipment like closed-circuit televisions, computer programs and electronic reading programs.
- Training in the use of magnifiers, telescopes and reading glasses to better see detail when reading, writing or watching television.
- Training in ways to more easily do activities like reading bills, writing checks and preparing meals.
- On-site assessment of your home or workplace.
- Recommendations for lighting and other ways to increase safety, efficiency and independence.
- Eye examination and low vision refraction when needed.