Both Fairview and HealthEast offer support groups for patients who are considering or have had weight loss surgery.
Fairview Support Group
The Fairview Southdale Hospital Weight Loss Surgery Support Group is a patient-led forum that meets monthly at the hospital. Facilitated by our staff, the support group shares experiences, provides encouragement and education, and is open to those who have had weight loss surgery, are scheduled for surgery, and those considering surgery.
Fairview Support Group Topics 2018
The Fairview Southdale Hospital Weight Loss Surgery Support Group is a patient-lead forum that meets monthly at the hospital. Facilitated by our staff, the support group shares experiences and provides encouragement along with a variety of educational information. It is open to those who have had weight loss surgery, are scheduled for surgery, or are considering surgery.
Support Group sessions take place the third Wednesday of the month from 6 - 7:30 p.m. at Fairview Southdale Hospital in the Au Fait Nursing Education Room.
November 21 – CANCELED
December 19 - We will have our annual Holiday Party in the Au Fait Room. Bring a dish to pass if you wish. Beverages and tableware provided.
January 16th, 2019 – Let’s talk about last year’s successes and plan for 2019!
HealthEast Support Groups
Connections: Bariatric Care support group
Connections: Bariatric Care is a monthly support group for people who are interested in having bariatric surgery at HealthEast and those who have already had surgery and are at any point along their journey.
The group meets the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at St. Joseph's Hospital in the 3M Education Center (A-B room). The group is led by Paul Bagdade, PhD, LP, Behavioral Health Director, HealthEast Surgery & Bariatric Care. There is no cost for this group and registration is not required.
October 9 – Sam Economou, MD, Plastic Surgery Consultants, will speak about body contouring and the bariatric surgery patient
– Lisa Hursin, RD, LD, HealthEast Surgery and Bariatric Care, will speak about holiday eating
– Emily Feig, RN and Amy Swenson, RN, HealthEast Surgery and Bariatric Care will speak about your hospital stay and post-operative compliance
January 8, 2019
– Megan Neuberg, PharmD., pharmacy resident, HealthEast, will speak about medication and bariatric surgery
Connections: Post-Operative Bariatric Surgery Support Group
Connections: Post-Operative Bariatric Surgery Support Group is a support group for HealthEast patients who have undergone weight loss surgery and are at least three months post-surgery. There is no cost to attend and registration is not required.
- Meets quarterly, the 4th Monday in January, April, July and October from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Hospital in the 3M Education Center, rooms A/B.
- Meets the 4th Wednesday of the month from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at HealthEast Clinic and Specialty Center – Maplewood in the 1st floor conference room.