Thank you for considering Fairview for sponsorship support. As a nonprofit organization, Fairview Health Services has established funding criteria to ensure alignment and the most appropriate use of limited funds for sponsorships. If you have questions about this program, please contact us at CommunityEngagement@fairview.org.
Please submit an online application form. We understand this may present a barrier to some applicants and we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate needs on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us to discuss your specific circumstances.
A team of staff review proposals each funding cycle with the appropriate internal stakeholders and make final funding decisions. Sponsorship awards generally range from $250 to $5,000 for events that meet our criteria.
We encourage you to apply well in advance of your event to meet the timelines below.
2020 funding cycle timeline
We anticipate having multiple funding cycles in 2020. Information about the second 2020 funding cycle will be available this spring. Sign up to receive notifications about future funding cycles.
Please see below for funding cycle deadlines for events being held between Feb. 15 - May 31:
- Application will be available online on Monday, Dec. 9.
- Applications are accepted until Friday, Jan. 10, 2020, at 12 p.m. CT.
- Approved applicants will be notified of decisions the week of Jan. 27.
- Sponsorship agreement materials are due by Friday, Feb. 14.
The following criteria will be considered for all requests:
- The request aligns with our mission to heal, discover, and educate for longer, healthier lives.
- The request serves a community, organization, association, or agency within a Fairview hospital community.
- The request supports a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or a community group with a 501(c)(3) fiscal host.
- There is an existing partnership between Fairview and the organization or program.
- The request is supported by a Fairview employee or department.
- There is no conflict of interest to Fairview.
- The deadline for a decision is three months or more away.
The following types of requests are not eligible for sponsorship:
- Political activities and organizations.
- Individual or private causes.
- Youth sports team sponsorships, scout groups, school fundraising events, or field trips.
- Organizations serving as an intermediary for a nonprofit.
- For-profit businesses.
- Organizations that discriminate by race, color, religion, creed, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.