What you should know
We want to help you understand and avoid problems when paying your Fairview bills (including Fairview Range). Here is what you should know:
- Co-pays for services are due at the time of your visit.
- Lab services may be billed separately. You may receive a hospital bill for lab work as well as your clinic bill.
- We will file your health insurance claim for you. We will need the name and address of your insurance company.
- If you are uninsured, your first bill will list the services you received and the cost for each.
- If you are insured, your first bill will show insurance payments and the amount you owe after their payments.
- Bills are mailed each month.
- Fairview accepts most major credit cards.
- If you have not received a statement or would like a copy of it, call the billing office at 612-672-6724 or 1-888-702-4073.
Service and procedure pricing
We give good faith estimates to patients, both with and without insurance. If you have insurance, we will give you an estimate of the contracted payment amount we expect to receive from your insurance company. If you do not have insurance, we will estimate the charges for services received at Fairview hospitals or clinics (which include HealthEast-branded hospitals and clinics).
The actual estimated payment or average charges may be more or less than the estimate given based on the services received during your visit.
To request a cost of care estimate, call us at 612-672-1048 or fill out the secure online form. When the estimate has been completed, we will mail or email you a detailed estimate.
You can view hospital pricing and compare charges on the Minnesota Hospital Association website.
Current, standard charges
Beginning January 1, 2019, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is requiring hospitals and health systems to post their “current, standard charges.” Here’s what you need to know about this requirement:
- Hospital charges are the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below charges. Patients covered by commercial insurance products have negotiated rates with hospitals. Actual payment rates, including for member out-of-pocket costs such as deductibles or co-insurance amounts are based on that negotiated rate, not based on charges.
- Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments, not based on the hospital’s charges.
- Uninsured patients may be covered either by Fairview’s Charity Care or Uninsured Discount policies. For specific information, please contact the Fairview Call Center at 612-672-6724.
- Hospital charges may include bundled procedures, personnel, services and supplies. An example would be room rates that include the space, equipment, nursing personnel and supplies.
- Medication prices show the price for the entire package that the pharmacy purchased and may not reflect the price of the dose an individual patient receives.
- As a patient, when you have the opportunity to shop for medical services, you should contact your insurance carrier to understand which costs will be covered and which will be your responsibility.
- Want more information? Contact Fairview at 612-672-1048. This is also the best source for specific information related to a particular service and insurance coverage.
- You may also review the required chargemaster file PDF or Excel.
Pay your bill online
You may pay your bill and account summary in your MyChart account. If you do not have an account, you also may sign up for one here: https://mychart.fairview.org/MyChart. You also can use our online payment center to pay your bill.
Provide Your Health Insurance Information
If you were unable to provide complete insurance information at the time of your treatment, you can use this secure form to submit information online. This will help us process your insurance claims. If you prefer to submit information by phone, you can call the business office or a Fairview representative at the number on your statement.
If you have any questions about your hospital and clinic bills, call 612-672-6724 or 1-888-702-4073.
Or, you can contact our business office using this simple online form.