Medication Therapy Management (MTM) visits
Taking care of your health becomes more difficult if you are taking more than one kind of medicine. Fairview Pharmacy’s MTM helps you get the most from your medicines. Our specially-trained pharmacists work closely with you and your doctors to solve any problems with your medicines and to help you get the best results from taking them. We review the medication list and ensure it’s appropriate, effective, safe and convenient.
An MTM pharmacist will help make sure that:
- You’re taking the right amount of medicine
- Your medicines are not causing problems with each other
- You’re taking only the medicines you need
- Any vitamins, supplements and over-the-counter drugs you’re taking are safe and effective
- You’re not spending more than you need to for your medications
Similar to a traditional office visit with a doctor/nurse practitioner/physician assistant, but you’ll be meeting with pharmacist.
Conditions and symptoms treated
Multiple chronic conditions requiring medications.
- Open to new and established Fairview patients
- Ability to travel to a Fairview Clinic or to talk through the telephone
- For video option: Access to a computer with a high-speed Internet connection and web camera. Please note that virtual visits won’t work with a dial-up Internet connection.
Varies. Please check with your medical insurance company to see if this type of visit is covered. For more information on coverage or cost, call 612-672-7005.
Call your clinic or the MTM department at 612-672-7005.