Fairview Rehab and Day Center
The National MS Society has designated Fairview Achievement Center as a Center for the Promotion of Excellence in Long-Term Care.
Innovative, customized care
The Achievement Center’s programs provide the most complete and effective MS rehabilitation services available. They'll help you:
- Maintain or improve functional ability
- Prevent complications often seen in severe multiple sclerosis
- Adjust to changing functional abilities
- Benefit from a creative alternative to nursing home placement
- Receive support for themselves and their families
Specialized outpatient therapy
We provide physical, occupational and speech therapies on an outpatient basis to anyone with multiple sclerosis. Our staff has advanced training and experience in treating people with MS. Many staff members have achieved certification as multiple sclerosis specialists. We’ll work with you to develop a customized program that best meets your needs.
Therapy requires a physician order for insurance coverage. Ask your physician for a referral.
MS Day Program
Activities at the Achievement Center help people with MS remain as active and in dependent as possible so they may remain in their homes. The Center also assists family members or caregivers by providing respite, support and resources. Individuals with MS participate in the program one to two days per week, Monday - Friday from 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Physical therapy – stretching, range of motion, aerobic activities, gait (walking) training, flexibility, balance and coordination exercises, as well as seating and positioning services.
Occupational therapy – participants learn compensation techniques for both physical and cognitive (thinking) problems, energy conservation techniques, strengthening methods, building tolerance for activity and improving their ability to perform activities of daily life.
Recreational therapy – wheelchair aerobics; adapted activities such as painting, woodworking and ceramics; music; educational programs and speakers.
Counseling – support and issue groups.
Health and wellness – nutrition, relaxation and stress management education.
Opportunities to socialize
Caregiver support groups
Social Services - help arrange the most efficient, cost effective transportation to and from the Center.
Some insurance plans cover the cost of program participation. Social workers assist you in managing your heath care benefits. Those wishing to participate in the program must have prior authorization from their physician.
Fairview Achievement Center offers a variety of fitness classes to help improve flexibility and balance. See the news and events tab for the current schedule. For more information or to register, email Rebecca Anderson, occupational therapist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-672-2871.
Your support is needed
Fairview MS Achievement Center is supported by our community in several ways.
- Volunteers provide a variety of services during the program day. For more information about volunteering, contact Fairview Volunteer Services, 612-672-2815.
- In-kind gifts – We accept donations of various types of equipment and supplies. If you have an item you wish to donate, give us a call to see if we could use it, 612-672-2815.
- Financial support – Chronic disease management programs are often underfunded. Fairview MS Achievement Center welcomes financial contributions to assist the program. To make a tax-deductible contribution, please make your check payable to Fairview Foundation and in the memo line include Achievement Center. You also may make an online donation on our secured site..
Mission and vision
Our caring community provides therapeutic, social, supportive, spiritual and educational services in a holistic environment to optimize the quality of life for people with MS and their families.
We are a haven of hope and joy for those living with Multiple Sclerosis. We are the leader in developing and providing comprehensive and individualized MS-related services. Our innovative models and interventions are highly effective in improving quality of life and empowering those we serve and their support networks. Our commitment to research and education positions us to be the leaders in all we do. Practitioners come from around the world to study and learn from our successes.
News and Events
Fairview MS Achievement Center Class Schedule
• Wednesdays, 9-10:30 a.m., March 13 to April 24,
• Thursdays, 3-4:30 p.m., May 16 to June 27
• Mondays, 3:30-5 p.m., September to November
Free From Falls
• Thursdays, 4:30-6 p.m., March 21 to May 9
• Tuesdays, 4:30-6 p.m., Oct. 1 to Nov. 19
• Tuesdays, 9-10:30 a.m., May 7-June 4
• Tuesdays, 9-10 a.m., through December
• Wednesdays, 5-6 p.m., March through December
• Fridays, 9-10 a.m., through December
• Mondays, 9-10 a.m., April 8 through December
• Sat. and Sun., April 13 and 14
• Sat. and Sun., Oct. 12 and 13
• Thursdays, 4:30-5:30 p.m., April 4-25