Fairview Neuro Rehab and Day Center
The National MS Society has designated Fairview MSAC as a Center for the Promotion of Excellence in Long-term Care.
Innovative, customized care
The MS Achievement Center’s programs provide the most complete and effective MS rehabilitation services available. They'll help you:
- Maintain or improve functional ability
- Prevent complications often seen in severe multiple sclerosis
- Adjust to changing functional abilities
- Benefit from a creative alternative to nursing home placement
- Receive support for themselves and their families
Specialized outpatient therapy
We provide physical, occupational and speech therapies on an outpatient basis to anyone with multiple sclerosis. Our staff has advanced training and experience in treating people with MS. Many staff members have achieved certification as multiple sclerosis specialists. We’ll work with you to develop a customized program that best meets your needs.
Therapy requires a physician order for insurance coverage. Ask your physician for a referral.
MS Day Program
Activities at the MS Achievement Center help people with MS remain as active and in dependent as possible so they may remain in their homes. The Center also assists family members or caregivers by providing respite, support and resources. Individuals with MS participate in the program one to two days per week, Monday - Friday from 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Physical therapy – stretching, range of motion, aerobic activities, gait (walking) training, flexibility, balance and coordination exercises, as well as seating and positioning services.
Occupational therapy – participants learn compensation techniques for both physical and cognitive (thinking) problems, energy conservation techniques, strengthening methods, building tolerance for activity and improving their ability to perform activities of daily life.
Recreational therapy – wheelchair aerobics; adapted activities such as painting, woodworking and ceramics; music; educational programs and speakers.
Counseling – support and issue groups.
Health and wellness – nutrition, relaxation and stress management education.
Opportunities to socialize
Caregiver support groups
Social Services - help arrange the most efficient, cost effective transportation to and from the Center.
Some insurance plans cover the cost of program participation. Social workers assist you in managing your heath care benefits. Those wishing to participate in the program must have prior authorization from their physician.
Fairview MS Achievement Center offers a variety of fitness classes to help improve flexibility and balance. See the news and events tab for the current schedule. For more information or to register, email Rebecca Anderson, occupational therapist, at email@example.com or call 612-672-2871.
Your support is needed
Fairview MS Achievement Center is supported by our community in several ways.
- Volunteers provide a variety of services during the program day. For more information about volunteering, contact Fairview Volunteer Services, 612-672-2815.
- In-kind gifts – We accept donations of various types of equipment and supplies. If you have an item you wish to donate, give us a call to see if we could use it, 612-672-2815.
- Financial support – Chronic disease management programs are often underfunded. Fairview MS Achievement Center welcomes financial contributions to assist the program. To make a tax-deductible contribution, please make your check payable to Fairview Foundation and in the memo line include MS Achievement Center. You also may make an online donation on our secured site..
Mission and vision
Our caring community provides therapeutic, social, supportive, spiritual and educational services in a holistic environment to optimize the quality of life for people with MS and their families.
We are a haven of hope and joy for those living with Multiple Sclerosis. We are the leader in developing and providing comprehensive and individualized MS-related services. Our innovative models and interventions are highly effective in improving quality of life and empowering those we serve and their support networks. Our commitment to research and education positions us to be the leaders in all we do. Practitioners come from around the world to study and learn from our successes.
Locations by city:
|Fairview Rehabilitation Services - Maple Grove Medical Center|
14500 99th Ave
Maple Grove, MN 55369
First appointment 612-273-6228; Rehab Clinic 612-273-3868
|Fairview Rehabilitation Services - Milaca|
150 10th St. NW
Milaca, MN 56353
First appointment 612-273-6228 Rehab Clinic 320-983-7480
|Fairview Rehabilitation Services - Saint Francis|
23671 St Francis Blvd
Saint Francis, MN 55070
First appointment 612-273-6228 Rehab clinic 763-389-6420
|Fairview Rehabilitation Services - Zimmerman|
25945 Gateway Drive
Zimmerman, MN 55398
First appointment 612-273-6228 Rehab clinic 763-389-6420
News and Events
Fairview MS Achievement Center 2013 Class Schedule
• Wednesdays, 9-10:30 a.m., March 13 to April 24,
• Thursdays, 3-4:30 p.m., May 16 to June 27
• Mondays, 3:30-5 p.m., September to November
Free From Falls
• Thursdays, 4:30-6 p.m., March 21 to May 9
• Tuesdays, 4:30-6 p.m., Oct. 1 to Nov. 19
• Tuesdays, 9-10:30 a.m., May 7-June 4
• Tuesdays, 9-10 a.m., through December 2013
• Wednesdays, 5-6 p.m., March through December 2013
• Fridays, 9-10 a.m., through December 2013
• Mondays, 9-10 a.m., April 8 through December 2013
• Sat. and Sun., April 13 and 14
• Sat. and Sun., Oct. 12 and 13
• Thursdays, 4:30-5:30 p.m., April 4-25
Connecting with Our Community
The MS Achievement Center offers a sense of hope, compassion, and family.
For those with MS, a supportive network of friends, family and professional services can mean the difference between thriving andmerely surviving. In 2008, she joined the Fairview MS Achievement Center's (MSAC's) day program--a decision she says has been overwhelmingly positive.
"Some people are so afraid when they come here, but I was really excited," she says. "Look at all these people, and we're all the same--we all have our butts stuck in wheelchairs!"
Andrea works at Caring Professionals Homecare, located just down the block. Wanting to extend the sense of community she'd found at Fairview, she helped facilitate a recent $1,000 donation from Caring Professionals to MSAC.
"The owner of Caring Professionals wanted to donate to the Achievement Center because some of our clients go here," Andrea says. "He and some others took a tour, and I think they were totally blown away by what we do."
The donation is just the latest example of how the center partners with its neighbors to build a strong community. The lush garden veranda behind the building was built and funded almost entirely by RockTenn, a paper and packaging company whose warehouse abuts the MSAC property. Students from the Minneapolis Arts Institute painted a large mural on the side of the building, and a local sculptor donated a colorful metal-and-water feature.
For 27 years, Fairview's MS Achievement Center has hosted a licensed day program for adults with MS, offering everything from support groups to yoga to physical therapy.
"We see some patients more than their families see them, especially if they live in a group home," says Heidi Elm, social worker and MSAC supervisor.
"It's a great feeling to know that, every day, we're helping somebody. To see even the smallest success in a patient is rewarding."