Kinesio Taping KT3
Audience: PT, PTA, OT, ATC, LMT
Course Level: Advanced. Must have completed KTA approved KT1 and KT2 courses
Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012
Check in Time: 7:30-8 a.m.
Course Time: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Location: St. Catherine's University
601 25th Ave. S
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Held on 5th floor in Lab Room E560.
Contact Hours: 8.25
External Course Fee: $225.00
Register for this course
Deanna (DeDe) Wanzek, PT, CKTI is a graduate from the Mayo Foundation School of Physical Therapy. She has specialized in pediatrics for the past thirty years utilizing a holistic approach to evaluation and treatment. She incorporates myofascial release, craniosacral, muscle energy and other complementary skills. She is certified in the use of Universal Exercise Unit/TheraSuite Method. She teaches Pediatrics at the St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota. She is recognized by the KinesioTaping Association as a Certified Instructor and was named Instructor of the Year for 2007. She is employed by Special Children Center in Hudson, Wisconsin, a non-profit organization serving children.
KT3 Course, is also called Kinesio Taping Certification Course, Pre-requisite, completion of KTA approved KT1 and KT2 courses.
The Kinesio Taping Certification Course (KT3) combines KT1 and KT2 coursework with extra lab time for attendees to practice their skills on a variety of clinical applications. KT3 can be designed to allow the instructor to cater towards specific practitioner protocols, clinical applications, and practitioner population and address specific professions (pediatrics, Hand therapy, sports medicine, chiropractic, etc). KT3 can also be set up as a general orthopedic course and may incorporate any or all of the following: unusual tapings, variations on standard tapings, problem solving, and "live patients". Upon completion of this course and prerequisite KT1, KT2 seminar, attendees will be eligible to request and take the exam to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTA).
(Note: Students can request to take the exam but will not receive CKTP certificate until they graduate).
- Describe the concepts of Kinesio Taping.
- Review muscular anatomy as it is related to Kinesio Taping.
- Explain and Apply the concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method.
- Describe the unique qualities of the Kinesio Tex Tape.
- Recognize the principles of Kinesio Tex Tape application.
- Utilize and demonstrate application skills in guided laboratory sessions.
- Demonstrate application skills during lab sessions.
- Practice the various cutting techniques and their clinical application.
- Apply Kinesio Taping method to relax and simulate muscles.
- Apply Kinesio Taping methods for pain, swelling, joint mobility and stability.
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of the spine, and upper/Lower Extremity
7:30-8 a.m. Check in time/Registration
8-10:20 a.m. Experiences: KT1 and KT2 Review; Corrective Techniques; Kinesio Taping Screening
Assessments; Clinical Concepts: Shoulder impingement; Whiplash/Cervical pain,
Chondromalacia Patella Lab.
10:20-10:35 a.m. BREAK
10:35-12 p.m. Advanced Concepts: Scar Applications: Directional Pull, Pitting Scars; Manual Fascia Glide,
Basket Weave Technique.
12:00-1 p.m. LUNCH
1-5:30 p.m. Per CKTI Emphasis on Lymphedema.