A notice to those who have lost a loved one in the Fairview Hospice Program within the last year.
Fairview Hospice Bereavement services will enhance communication by emailing announcements about upcoming events as well as newsletters and noteworthy topics related to the grief process to those who wish to receive communication in this manner.
You can subscribe to our email communication by clicking on the following link and requesting email communication. email@example.com.
- General grief and loss information
- Children’s grief
- Books on grief and loss
- Helpful advice from those who have experienced a loss
- Grief-related sites
For information on grief and loss help, contact Fairview Hospice Bereavement Services:
Our letters contain bereavement information including upcoming classes and support groups:
2nd Tuesday Support
6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Oxboro Clinic in Bloomington, 600 W. 98th St., Bloomington, MN
- May 12: Remembering Our Parents. A special time to honor and remember parents who have died. All are invited, even if your parents were not in the Fairview system. Bring pictures to share.
- June 14: Grief 101. Grief is a natural human experience that every person encounters at some time in their lives. New research on bereavement tells us that we are "wired" for healing and that grief need not overwhelm us. If this is true, why does grief hurt so much? Come and learn about the normal experience of grief, how healing happens, and where to find hope in the process. No registration needed--just come for support! Call 952-885-6183 with questions, or if there is bad weather, for a program update.
Special Workshop on Coping with Grief. Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:00 noon at Fairview Oxboro Clinic in the Lower Level
- All are invited to attend a workshop where Catherine Duncan, Fairview Hospice Spiritual Care Provider, will present on Rabbi Harold Kushner's book When Bad Things Happen to Good People. Kushner shares his wisdom as a rabbi, a parent, a reader and a human being in this classlc book that offers clear thinking and consolation in times of sorrow. Please R.S.V.P. to Cindi at 952-885-6183 if you are planning to attend. Feel free to bring your lunch. Oxboro Clinic in Bloomington, 600 W. 98th St., Bloomington, MN
Metro and Princeton Services of Remembrance
Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. at Christ the Light Catholic Church
Metro Blessing of the Names at 6:30 p.m. and Service of Remembrance at 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 19th at Centennial Lakes Park, Edina
Please respond to the invitation received in the mail!
Fairview Youth Grief Services
We know that both youths and parents need support in times of grief. Fairview Youth Grief Services offers a range of services including a grief support series. It provides youths with a safe place to freely express grief. The series also offers support and education for parents. Visit Fairview Youth Grief Services for more information.
Princeton Monthly Grief Support Group
This group meets the second Thursday of each month from noon to 1:00 p.m. at the Fairview Northland Hospital. Registration is not required. For more information call 763-389-6405.
*For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 612-728-2455.