Level III Trauma Care south of the river
In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Our physicians are highly trained and board-certified in emergency medicine, providing exceptional care 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
Have you—or someone you care about—received a sudden, unexpected injury? That’s what we call trauma. Here are examples of trauma: a fall from a ladder, an ankle broken playing basketball or injuries received in a car accident. We handle all of these and more at our Level III Trauma Center.
Our Emergency Department has an average wait time of about 20-25 minutes. However, each situation is different and the staff assess each patient's needs to make sure the most critical patients are handled immediately.
We specialize in pediatric emergency care
Our physicians, nurses and caregivers have vast experience in and care deeply about pediatric medicine. We are the only pediatric emergency department in the Minnesota River Valley and treat about 12,000 pediatric emergency patients each year.
- Private patient triage areas
- The only pediatric emergency unit in the Minnesota River Valley
- An outpatient observation unit
- Board-certified/eligible emergency physicians available 24 hours a day
- The latest monitoring and imaging equipment
- Experienced staff specially trained in emergency medicine
Urgent Care and Fairview Clinics
Try one of Fairview’s Urgent Care locations if you need fast, same-day care for an illness that is not an emergency or life-threatening.
Additionally, Fairview Clinics offer 24/7 scheduling and same-day appointments.
- Broken bones and cuts from accidents and falls
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart attack/chest pain
- High fever or diarrhea and dehydration
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Serious burns
- Stroke/loss of function, numbness in arms or legs
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Uncontrolled bleeding
Programs and services
- Evaluation and treatment of medical conditions
- X-ray and imaging
- Catheterization lab