The busiest, best-equipped ER in the Minnesota River Valley
In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Click on the Patient Stories tab to read Josh's story.
Our physicians are highly trained and board-certified in emergency medicine, providing exceptional care 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
We specialize in pediatric emergency care
Our physicians, nurses and caregivers have vast experience in and care deeply about pediatric medicine. We are the only pediatric emergency department in the Minnesota River Valley and treat about 12,000 pediatric emergency patients each year.
Why you'll choose our Emergency Department
- The average wait time to see a physician here is about 20 minutes. Each situation is different and the staff assess each patient's needs to make sure the most critical patients are handled immediately.
- We feature the only pediatric emergency care in the area, treating more than 12,000 kids each year. Additionally, we provide access to Child-Life specialists who can help make an ER visit less scary for your child.
- Board-certified emergency physicians are available 24 hours a day.
- You’ll have access to the latest monitoring, diagnostic imaging, and procedural equipment.
- Experienced staff members specially trained in emergency medicine are available 24/7.
Urgent Care and Fairview Clinics
Try one of Fairview’s Urgent Care locations if you need fast, same-day care for an illness that is not an emergency or life-threatening.
Additionally, Fairview Clinics offer 24/7 scheduling and same-day appointments.
- Broken bones and cuts from accidents and falls
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart attack/chest pain
- High fever or diarrhea and dehydration
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Serious burns
- Stroke/loss of function, numbness in arms or legs
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Uncontrolled bleeding
Programs and services
- Evaluation and treatment of medical conditions
- X-ray and imaging
- Catheterization lab
Staffed by University of Minnesota Physicians pediatricians, Fairview Ridges Hospital provides the most advanced, kid-friendly pediatric care in the Minnesota River Valley.
Read More >