Charles Kim, MD, FACC
Philosophy of Care:I believe in the role of physician as educator and patient advocate. I work to earn the trust of patients and help them reach their health care goals. I believe patients needs to be listened to, respected for their opinions and comfortable with their health care decisions. I try my best to deliver kind, respectful cardiovascular care based on evidenced-based and scientific medicine, but tailored and individualized to specific patient preferences and goals.
- Excellence in Teaching Award for Junior Medicine Clerkship, 2006, 2005 and 2003. Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Women’s Council of the Brain Research Foundation Award, 2000. The University of Chicago.
- Biological Sciences Division Teaching Award, Honorable Mention 1998. The University of Chicago, the College.
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1997. The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- C.X. Kim, K.R. Bailey, G.G. Klee, A.A. Ellington, G. Liu, T.H. Mosley Jr, H. Rehman, I.J. Kullo. Sex and ethnic differences in 47 candidate proteomic markers of cardiovascular disease: the Mayo Clinic proteomic markers of arteriosclerosis study. PLoS One. 2010 Feb 5;5(2):e9065.
- C.X. Kim, G.G. Klee, T.H. Mosley, I.J. Kullo. Association of 47 Candidate Proteomic Markers of Vascular Disease With the Ankle Brachial Index. Circulation 2009, Nov: 120:S1116.
- C.X. Kim, C.P. Cannon, G.C. Fonarow D. Dai, A.F. Hernandez, L.H. Schwamm. Disparity of Smoking Cessation During CAD vs. Stroke Hospitalization. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2009, May: Vol 2, No 3;e39.
- C.X. Kim, C.P. Cannon, D. Dai, A.F. Hernandez, G.C. Fonarow. Lack of Smoking Cessation Counseling on Hospital Discharge Associated with Multi-Level Deficiency of Coronary Care. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2009, May: Vol 2, No 3;e9.
- C.X. Kim, P.J.M. Best. Treatment of Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection Presenting as Acute Myocardial Infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008, Mar: Vol 51, No 10: Suppl A: A214.