Fairview Pharmacy Oncology Services
Fairview offers oncology-related medication therapy at four outpatient clinics across the Fairview Health System:
Masonic Cancer Clinic
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview – East Bank
Maple Grove Cancer Center
Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center
Southdale Cancer Clinic
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview - Edina
Journey Clinic: Center for Children with Cancer and Blood Diseases
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview – West Bank
Oncology Pharmacists specialize in oncology medications and infusion therapy. We work collaboratively with oncologists and other health care providers to ensure patients receive safe and effective cancer care. Medications, both infused and oral, are the cornerstone of cancer treatment and supportive care for patients.
Oncology Coordinators/Technicians prepare chemotherapy and other medications that are administered in our outpatient clinic infusion rooms. These medications are prepared in a special safety cabinet to ensure a safe, sterile, and precise product is made in a timely manner. Making Your Chemotherapy: Taking the Time to Do It Right
We also offer Oncology Medication Therapy Management (MTM) at our Masonic Cancer Clinic location. Board Certified Pharmacotherapy and Oncology Specialist, Lisa Lohr, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCOP, helps patients get the most from their medications and therapy.
We provide personalized medication therapy with a comprehensive array of services that support all of our patients’ medication health needs, including:
- Disease and side effect management
- Dosing adjustments
- Medication adherence
- Inventory management
- Infusion preparation
Medication education (for both patients and other health care providers):
- Oral and intravenous chemotherapy
- Safe handling and disposal of chemotherapy medications
- Subcutaneous injection teaching
- Take home prescriptions from our on-site retail pharmacies. Our pharmacies stock the cancer treatment medications that many other pharmacies do not carry. Our pharmacy staff has in-depth knowledge of these medications and will review new drugs as well as current medications with each patient. Medications can be sent to your home or picked up at one of our pharmacies.
- Infusion benefits verification. Our pharmacy team works with clinic financial advocates and your insurance company to ensure your treatment is covered before you arrive for your infusion appointment.
- Oral medication reimbursement expertise. Our pharmacy and clinic staff along with the financial advocate works with your insurance company so you can obtain the medications you need.