Fairview oncology pharmacy services
Our oncology (cancer) pharmacists specialize in cancer medicines and infusion therapy.
Medicines, both infused and taken by mouth (oral), are the cornerstones of cancer treatment and supportive care for patients.
We provide personalized medication therapy with a comprehensive array of services that support all of our patients' medication health needs, including:
- Disease and side effect management
- Dosing adjustments
- Medication adherence
- Inventory management
- Infusion preparation
Medication education (for both patients and other health care providers)
- Oral and intravenous chemotherapy
- Safe handling and disposal of chemotherapy medications
- Subcutaneous injection teaching
- Take-home prescriptions from our on-site retail pharmacies. Our pharmacies stock the cancer treatment medicines that many other pharmacies do not carry. Our pharmacy staff has in-depth knowledge of these medicines and will review new drugs and current medicines with each patient. Medicines can be sent to your home or picked up at one of our pharmacies.
- Infusion benefits verification. Our pharmacy team works with clinic financial advocates and your insurance company to ensure your treatment is covered before you arrive for your infusion appointment.
- Oral medicine reimbursement expertise. Our pharmacy and clinic staff along with the financial advocate works with your insurance company so you can obtain the medicines you need.
Information about your oral chemotherapy medicines
Oral chemotherapy offers the ease and flexibility of taking cancer medicines at home. To make sure our patients get the best care possible, we check on them at home between clinic visits to help them with any issues they may have. Learn more about our Oral Chemotherapy Management Program.
- Hydrea, Droxia
Learn more about services offered at these locations:
Locations by city:
|Southdale Cancer Clinic|
6363 France Ave. S., Suite 610
Edina, MN 55435
|Cancer Center at Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center|
14500 99th Ave. N
Maple Grove, MN 55369
|Masonic Cancer Clinic|
Masonic Memorial Building
First Floor, Suite M100
424 Harvard St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455