Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Fairview Ridges Hospital! Volunteers make it possible for us to provide the highest quality of care for our patients. We are proud of the fact that we have more volunteers per hospital bed than any other hospital in Minnesota.
At Fairview Ridges Hospital, volunteers are a big part of our health care team, contributing thousands of hours annually to patients and their families. Volunteers enhance the experience for all who come to the hospital, and help staff to provide an exceptional health care experience.
Adult volunteers generally commit to the same four-hour shift on the same day each week or every other week, for a minimum of six months
Junior volunteers, ages 14-18, and still attending high school, help out in various areas of the hospital, coming in once a week or every other week for a four-hour shift. Most junior volunteers serve on an evening or a weekend shift. We currently have scheduled all summer applicants for interviews. Therefore, we will not be accepting applications until late fall or early winter. Please check back in the fall regarding our application status. Thank you for your interest in Fairview Ridges Junior Volunteer Program. We hope to hear from you soon.
To become a volunteer
- Submit an application
- Print out two copies of the reference sheet and mail to your references (reference forms are different for adult and juniors)
- We must have received at least one reference before you will be called for an interview (juniors also need to send in parental consent forms before they are called for an interview)
- Interview with our Volunteer Services staff
- Commit to a minimum of six months of service, for four hours weekly or the equivalent of 100 hours
- Complete a simple health screening and background check as required by law
- Attend a general hospital orientation
- Receive on-the-job training and education by experienced volunteers and/or staff
Adult volunteer application
Adult volunteer reference sheet
We are currently not accepting applications at this time. Our summer interview schedule is now full. If we have any positions available in the fall, we will begin to accept applications at that time. Please check back in the fall. Also, please do not submit an application during this time, as it will not be considered. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Junior volunteer application
Letter to prospective volunteers
Parental consent form
Fairview Ridges Hospital
201 E. Nicollet Blvd.
Burnsville, MN 55337