Good health is more than physical. Your body, mind and spirit are all affected by illness. Spiritual health services staff members are dedicated to helping people with the spiritual aspects of wellness. Our chaplain is available during weekday hours. Please ask any staff member to arrange a visit. You are welcome to call your local pastor to visit any time during your hospital stay.
Who can benefit from a chaplain visit?
Patients, families, staff and volunteers can all benefit from talking with a chaplain, especially those:
- in spiritual distress
- whose illness will necessitate major lifestyle changes
- whose illness is terminal
- with emotional needs
- experiencing grief
- facing end of life
- with no other spiritual or emotional support available
What can chaplains provide?
- A listening ear and supportive care
- Sacramental acts (communion, anointing, baptism)
- Ethical consultation
- Family consultation
- Grief support
- End of life care and rituals
- Pastoral counseling
Request a visit
To request a chaplain visit while at Fairview Northland Medical Center, call 763-389-6405 and leave a message.
Grief Support Groups
The second Thursday of the month, Fairview Northland Medical Center offers a grief support group from noon to 1 p.m. in room 3B.