Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering at Fairview Northland Medical Center in Princeton, Minnesota offers rewards which may include:
- Meal vouchers
- Free flu shots
- Two $500 scholarships are also offered to those who qualify.
- Fairview Pharmacy discount
- Annual volunteer recognition
1. Submit an online application or request an application packet.
2. Complete new volunteer orientation and get medical clearance by Employee Occupational Health Services (EOHS).
3. Attend a pre-placement interview.
4. Complete position specific training.
1. How long does the volunteer application process typically take?
The application and screening process typically takes three to four weeks. Students who wish to begin volunteering in early June should apply in April. The minimum age to volunteer is 14.
2. What is volunteer training?
New volunteers are required to complete our orientation process which includes both an independent, online learning and a small group, in-person session.
3. Are there costs involved?
Students under 18 must get immunization records and tuberculosis screening (Mantoux test) through their own health care provider or community clinic. Fees may apply. Contact Volunteer Services for more information on medical clearance requirements. Adults needing varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, as determined by EOHS, complete this requirement through their own health care provider or community clinic. Fees may apply. Volunteers may purchase their own uniform ($16-25). However, one will be provided for each shift.
4. Do I need medical experience or training?
No, all the training you will need is provided.
5. What volunteer positions are available?
We offer volunteer placement in a variety of areas based on your interest, abilities and availability.
6. Do I have to volunteer a minimum of hours?
The minimum service requirement is 50 hours or 6 months. A typical volunteer shift is four hours long and volunteers can choose to create a weekly or bi-weekly schedule.
7. Where can current volunteers access VicNet?
Log on to your VicNet account: Access VicNet.
8. How do I contact volunteer services at Fairview Northland Medical Center?
For additional information call (763) 389-6565 or e-mail email@example.com.