As women age, changes in breast tissue can occur. Many of these changes are normal. Yet one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. The Breast Center at Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center offers complete care for breast health – from advanced technology to detect cancer early to treatment. If the diagnosis is cancer, we offer one of the region’s leading cancer programs and will be with you every step of the way.
Fairview Maple Grove Breast Center
14500 99th Ave. N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Expertise. Fairview Maple Grove Breast Center is a designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that achieve excellence by seeking and earning accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound. Our breast specialists are experts in early detection, accurate diagnosis and state-of-the-art treatment of breast disease. Working as an integrated care team, our team brings the right mix of knowledge and experience together to ensure that you have the most advanced breast care possible.
- Convenience. All aspects of your breast health can be handled through the breast center – from mammograms to more advanced diagnostic exams. And, when necessary, coordination of surgery and other treatments for breast cancer. We offer comprehensive and timely breast care in one convenient location.
- Compassion. Our care team offers personal, respectful and compassionate care. We understand how you are feeling and do everything we can to ensure that you have the care and treatment you need. We are your partners in care, and we stay with you throughout your experience.
- High-risk clinic. Because breast cancers can be genetically passed on, our high-risk clinic offers genetic counseling and genetic testing. If you are identified as high-risk, we work closely with you to develop a plan to reduce your risk of developing cancer and to increase the likelihood of discovering a cancer at a stage when it is most curable.
- Expert breast cancer care. If the diagnosis is cancer, our patients have easy access to expert, coordinated care provided by University of Minnesota Cancer Care right here in our Cancer Center.
Screening and diagnostic tests
Early detection and treatment is proven to save lives. Woman over age 40 should develop a mammography screening plan with their doctor. You do not need a referral for a screening mammogram. Call 763-898-1225 to make an appointment.
Diagnostic mammograms are for men and women who have breast lumps, pain or discharge. A referral from your doctor is required to schedule a diagnostic mammogram, so talk to your doctor right away if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Schedule your mammogram today!
Early detection and treatment is proven to save lives. Call 763-898-1225 to schedule a mammogram.
Always call your doctor right away if you notice any of the following, as they could be a sign of breast cancer:
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Nipple pain or the nipple turning inward
- Redness or scaliness of the nipple or breast skin
- Discharge (other than breast milk)
- A lump or swelling
Fairview Maple Grove Breast Center’s team of medical experts provides complete care for breast health, including:
Physician specialists. Radiologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, breast specialists and cosmetic surgeons
State-of-the-art imaging. Digital mammography, magnetic resonance imaging, digital ultrasound and molecular breast imaging.
Breast biopsies to determine the cause of a lump or breast problem. There are many kinds of breast biopsies, including image-guided biopsies, that your doctor might recommend.
Evaluation of benign breast problems, including cysts and infections.
High-risk evaluations and high-risk clinic. Because breast cancers can be genetically passed on, Fairview Maple Grove Breast Center’s high-risk clinic genetic counseling and genetic testing for those who may be at high risk of developing breast cancer. If you are identified as high-risk, we work closely with you to develop a plan to reduce your risk of developing cancer and to increase the likelihood of discovering a cancer at a stage when it is most curable.
Comprehensive cancer care. Fairview Maple Grove Breast Center coordinates the full spectrum of care for patients with breast cancer, including general surgery, reconstructive surgery, medical oncology, radiation therapy and lymphedema therapy.
Nurse navigator. Our registered nurse navigators serve as an advocate, educator and partner for women facing breast cancer. With extensive knowledge of breast cancer treatments and resources for patients and families, a nurse navigator is with you and your family every step of the way.
Clinical trials. Fairview Maple Grove Breast Center conducts and participates in many clinical trials with the University of Minnesota to evaluate emerging medical treatments for breast cancer. Our breast specialists will work with you to determine if a clinical trial is right for you.
Resources and support. Onsite cancer support groups provide you and your family with a community of people who are experiencing or have experienced similar situations. Breast Center staff connect you with a network of community services where you can find additional support for you and your family.
To find out where all of our Fairview Breast Centers are located, visit our Fairview Breast Care web page.