The School of Radiation Therapy: Application Process
Step 1: Complete the application form
- School of Radiation Therapy Application (requires Adobe Acrobat)
Step 2: Submit the following required materials:
- Official transcripts from high school, post-secondary and any radiology program transcripts with application materials or directly from schools.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee (checks made to University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview School of Radiation Therapy)
Step 3: Professional certification documentation
Please provide documentation of any professional certifications you have completed.
Step 4: Clinical observation confirmation
The School of Radiation Therapy requires 24 hours of clinical observation in a radiation oncology clinic/department prior to application. Applicants will need proof of observation and evaluation provided by the clinic supervisor. These documents are to be faxed directly by the clinical supervisor to the program.
- Clinical Observation Form (requires Adobe Acrobat)
Step 5: Letters of recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required for admission. Track I applicants, currently in a radiology program, must include one of these from the radiology program director.
- Letter of Recommendation Form (requires Adobe Acrobat)
The recommendation form/letter may be sent directly from the recommender or may be sent along with the other material if it is placed in a sealed envelope with the person’s name written across the seal.
Step 6: Submit application materials
If using U.S. mail:
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview School of Radiation Therapy
420 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
If using UPS, FedEx, DHL or overnight:
Radiation Therapy Program
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview Radiation Therapy Program
500 Harvard St.
Unit J Room1-208
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Step 7: Personal interview
If you are considered a top-ranked applicant, we will invite you to University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview for a personal interview with our admissions committee and a tour of our radiation oncology department. Accepted applicants will be notified within one week of the interview. Confirmation responses are due within 10 days of acceptance.