Bachelor of Science in Nursing Sponsorship - University of Minnesota
Fairview’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing Sponsorship at the University of Minnesota is intended to fill critical registered nurse vacancies within University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, and Fairview Southdale Hospital. If we do not anticipate vacancies to occur at the completion of the program, we cannot offer the sponsorships. The program eligibility, requirements and details may be subject to change at Fairview's discretion.
Eligible candidates must be accepted into the University of Minnesota, School of Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing program and have one to two years remaining in the nursing program. If you are eligible, you will receive information from the University of Minnesota School of Nursing in February or March about how to apply for this Fairview sponsorship. Sponsorship application materials are due in April, prior to beginning your junior or senior year.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2013 program.
During the application period, applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Fairview Nursing Sponsorship - University of Minnesota BSN Program Application Form
- Current résumé detailing work history, educational training and experiences
- Two letters of recommendation from a current or previous employer, class advisor or instructor and/or another professional. Letters should have an emphasis on your interpersonal relationship skills as well as critical thinking abilities.
- Copy of educational transcripts
Selected candidates will complete an interview with Fairview personnel. Students will be selected for the sponsorship based on an application and interview process.
Commitment after program acceptance
- Successfully complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing on time.
- Register for the Minnesota R.N. license exam (NCLEX) within one month of completing the nursing program. The exam must be completed and passed within six months of completing the nursing program.
- Accept an (1.0, 0.9, or 0.8) R.N. position with the sponsoring hospital within two weeks of receiving a job offer.
|Number of years of work commitment to Fairview||Authorized hours||Sponsorship award toward tuition and mandatory fees|
|2 years||64-80 hours/|
Note: The sponsorship is considered a “loan” by the IRS and accrues simple interest. The loan and interest are considered “forgiven” after the work commitment is completed, and do not need to be paid back. However, at that point, according to IRS guidelines, both the loan and interest become taxable income and are taxed at the supplemental rate of 38.9 percent.
Bill Johnson, RN, Fairview Talent Acquisition, 612-672-7188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.