Become a perioperative nurse
This program is intended to fill critical perioperative nursing vacancies within Fairview. The cost of each nurse's education is paid and nurses earn a salary while they learn.
The program consists of classroom, lab and clinical practicum and is open to internal and external candidates. Fairview offers this program when we are unable to fill our vacancies with fully trained and qualified applicants.
Each applicant must:
- Have a current Minnesota RN license and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at the time of application.
- Have a minimum of one year work experience as a licensed RN at the time of application.
- Work in accepted position for a minimum of two years after completing the program; the program is approximately six months long.
In addition, internal applicants must be employed within the Fairview system for a minimum of six months and have no corrective actions within the past six months.
RN’s are hired into open positions before starting the program. There are two steps to apply.
1. Apply online for the specific, posted position:
University of Minnesota Medical Center West Bank job number 1004-0133
Fairview Southdale Hospital (Edina MN) job number 1004-0134
Fairview Ridges Hospital (Burnsville MN) job number 1004-0135
2. Complete the perioperative application packet. The application is available here. All application materials are due by 4:00 PM Friday August 21, 2015.
Participants are eligible for 40 nursing contact hours in the program developed by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN). Nurses are paid a salary during the program according to Fairview’s RN step and grade scale.
Note: The training program is considered a “loan” by the IRS and accrues simple interest at six percent. The loan and interest are considered “forgiven” after the work commitment is completed, and do not need to be paid back. However, at that point, according to IRS guidelines, both the loan and interest become taxable income and are taxed at the supplemental rate of 38.9 percent.
For more information, contact Regina Pekarek, 612-672-7403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.