Fairview Health Services is an award-winning nonprofit health care system based in Minneapolis which provides exceptional, coordinated health care—from preventing illness and injury to caring for the most complex medical conditions.
Fairview has a more than 100-year history of meeting community needs and achieving breakthrough medical advances in care. We are committed to delivering great value for our patients—higher quality, better experience and lower cost.
In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview is an academic health system committed to nation-leading research and educating tomorrow’s physicians and health care professionals. We serve patients from across the state of Minnesota, the upper Midwest and beyond.
In addition to our employed physicians, we work closely with the academic physicians at University of Minnesota Physicians and with Fairview Physician Associates, a network of independent, affiliated physicians.
Fairview at a glance (2012 data)
- 22,000+ employees
- 3,346 credentialed physicians
- 7 hospitals & medical centers
- 2,530 licensed beds
- 1,525 staffed beds
- 40-plus primary care clinics
- 55-plus specialty clinics
- 47 senior housing locations
- 30-plus retail pharmacies
- 5.68 million outpatient encounters
- 1.16 million clinic visits
- 74,649 inpatient admissions
- 76,912 surgeries
- 9,734 births
- 172,227 emergency department visits
- 9,773 behavioral inpatients served
- 280 blood and marrow transplants
- 301 organ transplants