More than a million views: Video from our children’s hospital goes viral
An inspirational video of pediatric patients and health care providers at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital has taken off on YouTube—where it has now garnered more than one million views. Millions more have seen the video, or portions of it, through media coverage.
The video shows patients and providers lip-synching, dancing and playing around to the hit song “Brave” by Sara Bareilles.
One recent media highlight took place when the two nurses who created the video—Brittany Bloemke and Natalie Snyder—along with a patient were interviewed on CNN HLN's Showbiz Tonight. In an emotional meeting, Sara Bareilles was introduced as a surprise fourth guest on the show. (Bareilles had previously tweeted that she was in tears after watching the video.)
Snyder and Bloemke developed the idea for the video, and choreographed, shot and edited it themselves. It was posted on YouTube on Oct. 7.
In other national media coverage:
- The video was featured on the Today Show on Oct. 14.
- The nurses and a patient appeared on Good Morning America’s Internet after-show on Oct. 9.
- Huffington Post published a story about the video on Oct. 8 and did a follow-up story on the surprise meeting arranged by HLN TV on Nov. 1.
In local media:
- WCCO-TV and the Pioneer Press both posted stories on Oct. 10.
- Television stations KARE-TV and KMSP-TV have shown clips of the video, and local radio stations have mentioned it on air.
Watch the video